07 Aug Meet our New Team Member!
I am happy to introduce you to Edward Koch, IT Solutions Specialist, the newest member of our team! Edward, or Ed, started work on July 27th. He is joining us at a time of “firsts.” He is our first new hire during a pandemic. He is our first employee to experience a remote employee orientation and the first to conduct his training in an almost fully remote environment. Ed is taking it all in stride!
Here a little about Ed, from him:
Where are you from?
- I was basically born and raised in Virginia and have lived here for as long as I can remember. (Born in Flushing, New York but moved to Virginia when I was maybe two years old). Additional information: I am Korean American
What got you into IT?
- My first real experience in IT was a happenstance opportunity with the Strayer University help desk from late 2017 through early 2018, and I found the work to be something I could enjoy. As a millennial though, I had the privilege and was fortunate enough to grow up around computing technology. Paired with an innate curiosity of how things work, I have been interested in all-things technology/electronics since.
You have only been with us a short time. What work are you looking forward to?
- Once I am comfortable enough to efficiently perform my duties, I look forward to further education regarding the ins and outs of the technologies that connect and run our world. Specifically, security has piqued my interest. Otherwise, I am happy to learn anything/everything “new “and look forward to providing top-tier service where I can.
Favorite pandemic past time?
- Hiking. (If I had a motorcycle though, the answer would be riding motorcycles).
Your thoughts about remote working?
- First of all, it is an amazing thing to have remote work as a possibility (especially considering what’s going on in the world currently). On the other hand, I thrive in social/face-to-face situations, and a potential downside is the lack of social stimuli.